This week in PE, we continued developing our netball skills and played some games to practice our passing and tactics to trick defenders. In art, we have continued to look at hatching and cross-hatching in drawings and practised how we can recreate these techniques. In maths, we have looked at the perimeter of shapes by walking the perimeter of our playground to understand what the term means. We then started measuring the perimeter of different shapes and tackling some tricky perimeter problems. In English, we have been looking at some speech and what punctuation we need to use when writing sentences including speech. We have been focussing on our presentation this week and are working hard to achieve gold stars for our writing in all lessons.
Well done to IH for getting the star of the week for their enthusiasm for learning and excitement for our English work on writing speech for our book Orion and the Dark.
I hope that you all have a great weekend, see you on Monday.
This week we have:
- learned that Orion is scared of lots of things especially dark.
- looked at how Orion could have made better solutions to his problem.
- written speech to show how Orion’s feeling in the book.
- drawn pictures for animations.
- been learning to write numbers from 0 to 1,000.
- looked at shadow puppets and how they work.
Thank you to our previous stars of the week winners SG and NBS for writing about what we have done in Year 3.
This week, we have sent home letter for our first class trip, if you have any questions or your letter hasn’t made its way home please speak to a member of staff in the coming week.
I hope that you all have a great weekend!
We have had a busy week in Y3.
- looked at how light travel and can be reflected in science.
- looked at our main character Orion and analysed his fears from out context book.
- looked at sequences of numbers and filling in missing numbers.
- explored how music can make you feel and how to choreograph a dance to match.
- learnt how to perfect the chest pass and the bounce pass.
- looked at Van Gogh’s first famous painting The Potato Eaters and identified key things in the picture to help us learn about his style of artwork.
- looked at adding suffixes -ness -less -ful and -ment to words.
We have lots more to explore this week.
Here in Year, 3 we have a lot of exciting things to come.
This week we have started by looking at light and dark with the help of our class book Orion and the Dark. We will be exploring this topic throughout the curriculum in the coming weeks, for more detail on this please see the context for learning on our school website.
Further to this, we have many exciting topics to explore throughout this school year including the Stone Age, Ancient Egypt and Mount Vesuvius in Pompeii. I am delighted to join the Year 3 team and I am looking forward to the fun-filled year ahead.